Thursday, January 10, 2008

Licking and pooping

1) Today in her bath, Daisy started calling the filled tub a "lake." Then she started squatting down and licking at the bath water, like a dog. She'd stand back up and say with a big smile, "Licks lakes!" It was so odd, and funny. It finally struck me that she was enacting a favorite page from the Dr. Seuss book FOX IN SOCKS: "Luke Luck licks lakes, Luke's duck licks lakes!"

I have to say that Dr. Seuss, as brilliant as he is, has not been terribly good for Daisy's hygiene. Every single night at dinner she puts her food "up on top," so that I am constantly having to take the food out of her hair. She also puts her fork and her sippy cup up on top. Why, Dr. Seuss? Why?

2) Has anyone else had this experience?: Every time--every single time--Daisy sees her Baby Einstein video, Van Goat (yes, that is right: I have allowed Daisy to view a Baby Einstein video; she totally adores it), she poops. She poops BIG TIME. It can't be a coincidence. I think the video makes her feel so excited that her bowels give way. It is sort of touching. And smelly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's so cool how Daisy does things from her favorite books. But she would likely be putting food and everything else on top of her head even if it weren't for the "up on top" favorite book. I think its just something kids do. So you can't blame Dr. Seuss for everything.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, you made me laugh out loud with this post! I don't know but it still makes me giggle now when i think about it.
i'm sorry you're having so much trouble with daisy's rashes and barfs.
i would love to see you soon.
xo
anna

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home