Monday, April 07, 2008

I must be officially a geek

Many posts ago, I was troubled to discover I am NOT as much of a nerd/geek/dork as I thought I was, based on the nerd/geek/dork tests out there on the internet (though the fact that I TOOK the tests at all must make me... something nerdy. Or dorky. I can never tell which is which). But I think this latest event must improve my geekdom at least a little bit: this evening I went into the SUPER nerd/geek/dork Scramble "Live Games" room... this is the room where the best Scramble players in internetland play game after game after game of Scramble. These people are OBSESSED. And let me tell you, they are GOOD. They know every fake Scramble word out there that it's possible to know and they type faster than the speed of light. I am waaaaaay out of their league. I (in my own humble defense) have not been playing online Scramble very long, and I am not obsessed, and I don't spend hours and hours practicing online like they do; but I managed to come in 9th in a room of 300 players and one of the Super Scramblers actually challenged me to a one-one-one. She CREAMED me but I was proud of myself for doing even as well as I did, PLUS, the fact that she challenged me at all greatly helps my geek factor.

Now if only my friends would play more games with me....

2 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

I've been invited to play online Carcassone. And I most CERTAINLY will attend! :-)

10:13 PM  
Blogger specules said...

I'm way too intimidated to enter the supergeek live Scramble room.

The regular room, at least, is pretty addictive. B/c there's only 30 seconds to review the words you didn't get, another game starts before you know it and wham! -- it's "well, sure, one more game won't hurt."

I find I'm missing words in the same patterns over and over. Grrr. Nonetheless, I'll play with you! :-)

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home