Friday, August 29, 2008

I had a pretty good day

Better than yesterday, when Daisy took no nap. Today, I put her down successfully and she slept for two and a half hours! (And... my reporting on that, triumphantly, jinxes me and ensures there will be no nap tomorrow. I'm a tad superstitious sometimes.)

In the cuteness files for today:

1) During her bath, Daisy put a cup on her hand, puzzled over the fact that her hand was now "hiding behind the cup," and then announced, "I'm wearing a space suit!" (She has a book called I Want to Be an Astronaut, in which she's endlessly fascinated by one page that features a woman climbing into a spacesuit... she's VERY interested in how the various body parts don't show when the woman's in the spacesuit, but are BEHIND the parts of the suit.) This gave me an idea for a Halloween costume, maybe; although I find it quite funny that, apparently, in her own mind all Daisy needs in order to be wearing a space suit is a cup over one of her hands.

2) Daisy has started fearing the part of the bath in which I dump water over her head to wash the shampoo off. Understandable. Tonight, I found it endearing that she comforted herself out loud while I was doing the rinsing: "Don't worry. Don't worry. She will be dry soon," she repeatedly murmured to herself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, no nap. I'm really stuck on the first sentence of this post. I think we're hitting some harder ground with us staying awake (and trying to be alert more) it seems a lot more than before. Thinking that we need an exersaurcer over here!

Halloween spaceship costume sounds like lots of fun over there!

Adrienne :)

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home