Sunday, April 19, 2009

Action-packed weekend, Part II

Daisy's first symphony was Saturday, and her first circus center performance was Sunday--today! I took Daisy home from Healdsburg, she napped in the car, and we went straight to the circus center in San Francisco to see our friend Arwen's doubles trapeze act at a "works in progress" showing. The informality was a lucky thing, because as mentioned in the previous post, Daisy can't help but talk and ask questions during performances. We got to sit right down on the gym floor, near the performers, and Daisy was thrilled to sit with Uncle Dave and Aunt Ann Marie. We stayed for 7 of the performers, which was more than I'd even hoped for. Arwen's doubles trapeze act was jaw-droppingly, mind-bendingly amazing and beautiful. We also saw several other trapeze acts, rope acts, and a gymnastics routine. Then we came home... and thus concludes Daisy's action-packed weekend. I hope she gets a good night of sleep.

On a completely unrelated note, I have been meaning to create a post about hair detangler. Hair detangler has changed my entire life. Bathtime had become a very arduous time, as Daisy absolutely hates having her hair washes and hates even more the part where I put conditioner in and comb through the rat's nest that always forms at the back of her head (she has very thick hair, for the record). But I have now discovered DETANGLER and my life has been utterly transformed. Detangler, I love thee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it! Daisy knows quite a few classical pieces now and while she seems partial to the Russians (Tchaikovsky, Moussorgsky, Khachaturian) she likes Bach, too.
As the mole sisters would say, "All good stuff!" M.B. (Proud Gommy)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home