Monday, October 03, 2011

Conversations with Daisy

Daisy: Mama, want to hear me use "execute" in a sentence? "I execute my donut. I execute my grandma."

Me: Uhhh...ummmm...

Daisy: It's a song! "I execute my donut. I execute my grandma. I execute everybody. I execute my mom and dad."

Mark (cryptically): It's not always good to use the word "execute."

Daisy: I'm using it in a good way.

Mark: It's not a good word to use about *people*.

Daisy: But it's a song.

Mark: That's what all the violent media moguls say!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you know, Daisy heard some use of the term (as in "She executed two left turns") and asked Gommy for a definition.

Gompy

8:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Well, I hate to admit this, but I had just used the word "execute" in her hearing (not realizing she would hear it) and not in the benign sense.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home