Saturday, March 03, 2012

"Gommy was owned"

Where is my daughter picking up these expressions?? Actually, she said, "Gommy was own," but she meant "owned." At Pick-up Sticks.

Daisy also tried out the expression "I nailed you" when playing a game with me earlier, but she also got that wrong and said, upon defeating me, "You nailed me."

Luckily, she still has some adorable expressions... such as, "My bad habits are fading away," said to me earlier in reference to nose-picking, or the reduction thereof.

Just one more cute thing and then I'll stop. Daisy's kindergarten class is going to perform that Turtles song that goes "I can't see me loving nobody but you for all my life" at the Kittredge talent show. Daisy told me that the class is going to sing the first few lines in staggered fashion: two of them will say one word, then the next two will say the next word, and so on. Daisy told me proudly, "I am 'can't'!" And in the next line, apparently, she is "you're."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does "owned" mean in this context? Gommy

10:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

It means she beat you, Gommy! She "owned" you.

11:40 PM  
Blogger GGoss said...

As you probably remember, Gommy grew up with the Turtles living in her neighborhood.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Katherine C. said...

I wish *my* bad habits would just fade away!

thanks for sharing Daisy's witticisms and pithy thoughts.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thank you, Katherine--so kind!

Dad, I didn't know that, actually!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home