Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy 9-month birthday, Daisy

Daisy is turning 9 months old tomorrow. Since things are feeling kind of sad and perplexing in life right now (I am thinking of the Virginia Tech shootings and other things in the headlines, but also of some sad stuff happening in my personal life), I wanted to write to my blog about something I feel happy about. I love being a mother. I love being Daisy's mama, specifically. Every day I feel that way more strongly. I have always been a person of ups and downs, and I have experienced times when I felt despair and wondered if I really had it in me to keep going. But for the first time I have this strong, sustaining core that tells me I'll never stop trying and that it will always be worth it. So, happy 9-month birthday, Daisy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Haddayr said...

Happy 9-month, Daisy!

I'm sorry you are sad right now, Sarah.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proud Mama! Glad to hear that Daisy is such a joy even if she likes to stay up past her bedtime.

Happy birthday, Daisy! Looking forward to seeing the two of you soon.

Best of luck with everything else.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, 9 months! It is going by fast, isn't it? (Alex is 7 months this week...) Hope you feel better about everything soon. Daisy has a great mommy!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling girl, you are a special, beautiful, and good person. It gets better. Take one step at a time.

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 9-month day, Daisy!

I'm sorry it's a sad time ... email if you need.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am such a dork. I came, I visited with you, we went to lunch, and...I forgot your daughter's Birthday!!

I swear, I have been doing this ALL year to everyone. I think the first year of marriage makes you forgetful! That's my lame excuse. I'm SO sorry.

Happy Birthday, Daisy!
xoxo

11:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thank you, everyone! I really do appreciate it.

Sarah

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

PS
Anna, I will never expect you to remember her month-birthdays! That is so sweet of you. I can't imagine that anyone but an obsessed parent would celebrate her child every single month
:-)

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home