Tuesday, September 25, 2007

That is gross

1. Today on 19th Avenue I was stopped at a red light and happened to glance at the driver in the car alongside me. He was a distinguished-looking grey-haired man, and he was making passionate love to the wrapper of a candy bar. The candy bar itself was long since gone, but he had the wrapper all flattened out and he was licking it with reckless abandon. Actually, "licking" doesn't even come close to describe how fervently he was attacking this wrapper. That's why I resorted to "making love to it." He was attacking it over and over again with his mouth, licking and snapping it and devouring it. I was GOGGLE eyed, despite myself. I tried hard to see if there was any way it could have been anything other than a candy bar wrapper, like some kind of little paper of drugs or something. I don't know much about what that would look like, or if there is even a kind of drug you take by licking it off a plastic wrapper. But this guy... he looked like a banker. Why would he be licking his drugs while sitting at a red light on 19th Avenue? It was so, so weird, and I can't even do justice to it. I will never again have a problem with people picking their noses while driving.

2. Daisy's farts. She hardly eats anything. What could be causing those smells?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

Aw c'mon, Sarah. You wouldn't do the same ... if it were a really, REALLY good chocolate bar?

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about the bacteria.

http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to admit that if it was a really good quality caramelly chocolate bar that I would be guilty of said offense!
It is rather gross, and like watching your dog lick the plate clean, so probably best behind closed doors!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home