Thursday, January 24, 2008

Farm animals

Why do children love them?

When I asked my mom today why children (i.e. Daisy) love cows so much, she told me that she too had adored cows as a girl and that the answer was obvious: "Udders." So I guess the next question is, "Why do children love cow udders?"

The other day I was giving Daisy a nap in the rocking chair (an all too short nap, since she woke up very shortly choking on congestion). She started coughing, and wiggling, and squirming, but I knew the nap was truly over when her eyes fluttered open and she yelled, immediately, "Dirty pigs!" with great delight. That was her first thought upon waking-- dirty pigs.

So, there's something to it. Pigs, dirt, cows, udders. Somehow, it is totally fascinating.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An animal conversation I had with Daisy 2 days ago: I was reading her I AM A LITTLE MONKEY. There was a picture of a wild cat and I said, "Oh look, Daisy, a tiger! Or is it an ocelot?" Daisy answered, "Leopard".

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home