Thursday, September 04, 2008

How'd I do, hon?

Stolen from Haddayr's blog

How well do you know your SO meme

How well do I know my husband?

1. Sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
Football, the news, or The Simpsons. But he is rarely sitting in front of the TV.

2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Okay, he really wants ranch, deep down in his heart, but no, he orders oil and vinegar.

3. What's one food he doesn't like?
EGGPLANT. He also hates bananas.

4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
Beer from a microbrewery--an amber or dark beer.

5. Where did he go to high school?
Saint Ignatius, a Jesuit preparatory school--all boys, then.

6. What size shoe does he wear?
I'm guessing 11? (He just told me it's 9.5).

7. If he were to collect anything, what would it be?
Guitars. KISS paraphernalia. But I will add, he also happens to have a huge collection of old deodorants with two specks left in them, socks with huge holes in them, and half-empty peanut butter jars. Yes. He has a problem.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Umm... I am going to go with vegetarian--like, avocado, tomato, sprouts, etc., because of his recent interest in health.

9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
A loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter. And ten doughnuts.

10. What is his favorite cereal?
Oatmeal.

11. What would he never wear?
Something very preppy--like, a tasteful polo shirt with tan shorts, and a short haircut and sunglasses.

12. What is his favorite sports team?
The Giants (football). Oh, but he prefers to watch college sports... so, maybe, U of Oregon Ducks.

13. Who will he vote for?
Obama.

14. Who is his best friend?
Me. Definitely.

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
I am perfection in his eyes. I guess I'll say: nag him about the food-covered dishes that are somehow crowding the rack AFTER he has, allegedly, washed them. (Hmmm, I turned that question into "something HE does that I wish he wouldn't do." Tricksy of me.)

16. How many states has he lived in?
3: California, New York, and Oregon. And he spent 6 months in Saudi Arabia.

17. What is his heritage?
Assyrian, Italian, Polish, English, Scottish, and... German.

18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
He is not a big fan of desserts, but I would make chocolate chip cookies because I know he likes those.

19. Did he play sports in high school?
No. But he was some kind of baseball hitting champion when he was in 4th grade (I think). And he was the school's Most Congenial Boy. (And maybe one of the most cooperative, sportsmanlike players on one of his earlier teams?)

20. What could he spend hours doing?
Nothing. He does everything for half an hour and then he has to do something else.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Meritt said...

OK,

Well, Sarah, you were nearly perfect. Congratulations! A couple of minor corrections. If I could eat whatever I wanted, I would probably be more specific and say Indian food (with lots of naan) and burritos.

Also, yes, I do like football, and I do prefer college football. For pro football, I like the 49ers; the Giants are a New York football team -- I'm assuming you confused them with SF's baseball team.

I probably would collect guitars and Kiss stuff, but I would also get lots of books. On the same note, I like to spend time reading (more than half an hour total, though you're right that I take frequent breaks).

Good work, and I apologize in advance for not doing as well in answering the questions about you.

Love,
Mark

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, you guys!

Adrienne

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peanut butter and bread sounds like my dad! Or a hunk of cheese.

I actually like the idea of the polo shirt outfit as a party costume or Halloween costume... I think people who know Mark would end up laughing themselves silly. Maybe those plaid shorts from the 80s, with pull-up white socks... sorry, such a lovely image, apologies for being amused, Mark.

Anyway I enjoyed this further perspective on your husband and his likes/dislikes. I can see why he was Mr. Congeniality back then, as he is amazingly well-spoken and easy to get along with now.

Now wondering what Tom would say about me and how far off the mark it would be! :-)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home