Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Conversation between Daisy and her cousin

Daisy: Mark is a good man.
Hannah: Gary is a good man, too.

Note: Mark is Daisy's dada. Gary is MY dada.

Moments earlier

Rachel: Hannah, what's your mama's name?
Hannah: Rachel!
Me (eager to show off similarly): Daisy, what's YOUR mama's name?
Daisy: Mommy.
Me: Yes, yes, but what's my name?
Daisy: Mama.
Me: But Daisy, what's my OTHER name?
Daisy: Mom.

It went on and on. But she KNOWS my name! She even calls me "Mama Sarah" sometimes. And when asked Dada's name, she immediately says, "Mark Meritt."

I guess while I'm reporting conversations... Daisy hates having her hair washed and she always gets very nervous. But last night, she was VERY patient as I dumped water over her head, and when it was done, she said: "That wasn't a bad deal. Daisy will not be crying." And that's an exact quote. Goodnight, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home