Friday, October 17, 2008

Tooth Update

Thanks to everyone who expressed their sympathy and concern for Daisy!

We took Daisy to the dentist and the dentist filed the tooth. It is now much shorter than the other one and still has a crescent moon indentation in it which horrifies her mother's ridiculous vanity every time she looks at it. But the dentist thought that making a "composite" (I guess she meant an extension to fix on the tooth to make it big again?) might be traumatic for Daisy. She said if when Daisy gets a little older, she wants this procedure done, we could then re-visit it.

The other issue is that there's still a chance she could lose the tooth. It's slightly loose, the dentist said. It may also turn gray.

I am glad the accident wasn't worse, and relieved of course that the painful parts seem to be over for Daisy (although she's still not using the tooth to bite... so perhaps it's somewhat sensitive). Now, though, I need to get used to her smile looking different. Friends have told me the difference is minor, but to me she looks very different and it's kind of hard.

But lots of things could be harder. I know I need to get over it, and I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home