Friday, October 03, 2008

A good day



Thanks to Marina for these pictures! Why do I always forget to bring my camera, everywhere we go?

Today was really fun and the kind of day that makes me glad I live in San Francisco. We met our friends Marina and Lulu at SF MOMA, when it opened at 11; I was a bit worried about Daisy getting tired, because she had woken up at 6:30 this morning and almost nodded off in the car on the way to the museum! But she actually did very well. She didn't listen to me too closely at the museum and kept running off, but it was fun to see her enjoying herself so much and in such high spirits. She seemed very excited. We didn't stay as long as we would have without two-year-olds, and I didn't feel as if I got to look very thoroughly, but we definitely had some good moments looking at art together. Daisy asked me a million questions about everything she saw--and I didn't answer too brilliantly. But I tried.

Then we went to the Yerba Buena Gardens and the girls played around the fountains. I am proud to say Daisy did not fall into any fountains, though she had some close calls. Naturally, we had to do the carousel after that, and we did FOUR rides. Daisy did not throw a fit, surprisingly, when I told her it would be our last ride. She said goodbye to the carousel and said we'd see it again soon. Perfect! Then we went to Mel's Diner and had chocolated malteds and grilled cheese sandwiches, and acquired three balloons for Daisy. What a day for Daisy! Balloons, carousels, and ice cream.

Later we had a lovely dinner at our friends' house in Oakland--Will and Anna and their son Gus, and another friend, Charles, who is in town from New York to give a talk about his art at a gallery here. Daisy was very tired and actually said "I need to go to bed" toward the very end (it was almost 9:30), but for a tired child who had had a full day and no nap, she didn't do too badly and she seemed to enjoy being with everyone.

And now... I am awfully tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home