Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Preschool freakout

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa apparently people getting on waiting lists for San Francisco preschools when they are pregnant or, even better, just trying to conceive; several places have directions that say "please wait till your child is BORN" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa there is still a year before I want Daisy to start but several places have already told me it is too late to sign up and that they have 200 applications for 10 spots next fall aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I hadn't anticipated the application fees for all these places so what do I do? Apply to a million places and spend $40-$65 a pop in the hopes that she gets in SOMEWHERE or pick just a few and run the risk that she won't get in those places aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is so unfair this is so dumb this is so stressful aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what if she hates it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Woulfin said...

SF is so, so , so special when it comes to schools/public education and preschool ;< I'd love to chat with you sometime about the role of preschool....

8:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Sarah,
I'd love that also! And I'd love to hear your thoughts on SF schools. I wish I were going to be at crafts day to talk with you, but will be out of town :-(

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move.

Dad

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home