Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daisy's game that warms the cockles of Mama's heart

Daisy invented a game recently that is ever so sweet and heart-warming to a Mama. It involves a little wooden sign that a friend gave us when she was first born--it says "World's Best Mama" and it has a little string by which it can hang from a door. I had it hanging on Daisy's door, and one morning when she got out of bed I heard her declaring that the sign was on the wrong door--really, it should be on my door. So she moved it.

Now, she loves to play a game where she re-enacts this fateful decision. The script is entirely of her making. She tells me to lie in bed and pretend I'm sleeping. Then I'm supposed to moan and groan about the fact that there is no sign on my door, while all the lucky mothers out there have "World's Best Mama" signs on THEIR doors. Then Daisy quickly bustles over to the door and I'm supposed to say things like, "Ooh, whatever could Daisy be doing?" Then she steps proudly back, and ta-da! My door has a "World's Best Mama" sign on it. Then she gives me a big hug.

She wanted to play this game 10,000 times today. Sometimes I get a bit frustrated with the repetition, but it's kind of hard to get too frustrated about this particular game.

PS
Another cute Daisy activity that has recently come up: putting her arms around my neck and "smushing" our faces together (that's what she calls it). I have been getting a lot of this lately. Come to think of it, she has also been having a hard time sharing me with others and telling me how much she loves me. I wonder if this is not merely heartwarming, but if she is going through some kind of phase? Could be, especially as school is about to start again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home