Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Count them, please



Things that are wrong with Daisy's First Foto birth announcement (these are the folks who come around while you're in the hospital and sell you a deal on your child's first photograph):

1) It is in Spanish.

2) There is a large cross at the top of it that we did not request (we indicated no religious affiliation when we filled out the form, but for the record, Daisy's ma is Jewish).

3)The time of her birth is incorrect.

4) There is NO PHOTOGRAPH--which, incidentally, was the whole point of the self-proclaimed "First Foto" service.

5) The announcement is all in blue, which in First Foto world means she is a boy (not that I care that the announcement isn't in pink, of course).

The service also came with a "web nursery" featuring a photograph of Daisy and birth announcement. When I went to the site, there was indeed a picture there, but it was not the one we had requested. In fact, it was the worst photograph they took of her--possibly the worst photograph taken of her yet, by anyone. Her face is bright red, her eyes are closed, and she is in blurry mid-motion as she squirms away from the camera. We had explicitly requested they not use this photograph.

We are going to have to get our money back, but this all amuses us enough that we want to save a copy of it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Me río de mi recto! ¡Ellos son tontos incompetentes!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I understood the second sentence, and it is well deserved... Is that first part "I laugh myself of my rectum"??? "Recto" is new to me... I could look it up, but I think I like that version of it.

Sarah, Senora Agosto-Ladriye left a grievous hole in our education.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

alberto! ahhhh... i am liking your interpretation, meghan. i thought maybe "recto" had some relationship to "church," as in "rectory"?? But i like your reading better... could it then be, "i am laughing my butt off," idiomatically, somehow?

as for senora agosto-ladriye, i don't know if you remember this but *i* obtained special permission not to take her class b/c i disliked her so much. that's right--i had a special dispensation to "work on my novel" during the time that the rest of you suckers were learning spanish. how did i achieve such a privilege, well you may wonder? d'you think perhaps my daddy was the college professor of the school's principal, mrs. rothstein? it could be... but i choose to let the case remain shrouded in mystery.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing out my a** was what I was trying to say.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

aha! well, i was close :-)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy. *headslap*

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home