Monday, October 02, 2006

The Daze

aka Dazelbaum aka Dazelberg aka Dazilla aka Dazel Sue aka Shmageggers aka Daisy Suzelah aka D'Suze aka Dazer

Theme songs: "Runaround Daisy Sue," "Peggy Sue/Daisy Sue," "Godzilla/Dazilla," "My Sharona/My Shmageggi," "Help Me Rhonda/Daisy," "Purple Daze," and others.




The Daze Report

This aforementioned Dazelbaum likes to flap her arms up and down at her side while kicking vigorously with her legs and shrieking with delight. At least, I think it's delight. She is a producer of copious mucous, drool, and gas, I'm afraid, but it's all surprisingly attractive. She likes to smile and fling her arms straight up in the air and she likes it when I kiss the bottoms of her feet. She is very adaptable to whatever I would like her to do, and takes to most things pretty easily, though if she is hungry or excessively tired, she may jut out her lower lip and let out a cry or two. However, fussiness never lasts long, and so far (cross my fingers for luck) I have never been unable to figure out what ails her and fix it. She has big brown eyes, long eyelashes, olive skin, a poochy lower lip, a rotund belly, ear hair, and dark brown head hair that is growing, thus far, in the shape of a Mohawk. That's all for now.

10 Comments:

Blogger lumenatrix said...

Too... Much... Cute... Cannot... Look...Away...

She's gorgeous, Sarah. I, for one, love the mohawk. I also love her passed out on the sofa picture. With the hair it looks like she's recovering from a wee baby rave or something.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thank you, Beth! Yeah...I think the one on the sofa looks like she was watching an orgy of "Queer as Folk" and passed out after all the intense stimulation.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, what a cute child! You're going to have to watch her closely when she's a teenager - she'll have so many boyfriends!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sarah. I can't believe how stunning she is. And she looks so grown up. Oh, and Adele's play mat! I told Adele that had she had given that to Daisy. She was quite proud to have contributed in some way to Baby Daisy's life!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

I have been meaning to say thank you again for the play mat, Amy--she loves it. Loooooves it. And it's a lifesaver, because I can plunk her down on it for periods of time and she self-entertains while I do a few things around the house. Thank you, Adele!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked up the word Shmageggi, because I had never heard of it before, and the references suggested that it was Yiddish? That it means idiot or buffoon? My sources must be wrong---!!! :-)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Melissa, I'm afraid it's true--that's what I call the poor sweetie. But I always picture the Shmageggi with affection-- like saying "silly dopey-head" or "screwball" or "absentminded one." Something like that. Anyway...we also call her Fussy Q. Fussbudget and Farty McGasbags, though Mark's more responsible for that last one.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right! Farty McGasbags! Kudos to Mark.

She *is* beautiful. That skin is too much. SHe got over her pimples, didn't she?

3:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Yes! She did get over her baby acne, after about two weeks of it. I was relieved, because I'd heard it could take up to 4 months.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sari, I love the close-up pic! Daisy is sooo beautiful. I love her! Little pinky cheeks.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home