Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baby's first bloody lip

Actually, it was a bloody gum. Daisy had a harmless-looking trip today, cried very hard, and started gushing blood out of her mouth. When I was finally able to look and see what was going on, it was actually a pretty nasty gash in her upper gum. I know the mouth bleeds a lot, so I tried not to panic, but it was hard seeing my baby with blood flowing out of her mouth like that. It made me realize this was her first scary-looking injury, though it was not at all serious.

Daisy's gommy left today for Seattle and (coincidence?) Daisy woke up in the morning say, "I want to read gommy books! I want to read gommy books!" (meaning books about grandmothers, of which she has an abundance--mostly given to her by guess who). She asked several times for Gommy today, and also several times for dada, who is playing music at a bbq.

But she had LOTS of fun at her friend Lulu's red balloon birthday party, an absolutely lovely event (and the kids all got to take red balloons home with them! Daisy has been clutching hers all day, nonstop). Daisy's favorite thing in the world right now is the film _The Red Balloon_, and Lulu's party featured hundreds of red balloons, plus the movie projected onto a wall in the house and playing continuously, plus baby-sized red velvet cupcakes. Daisy was in HEAVEN. I can't imagine a more perfect two-year-old's birthday party. There was also a slide, a sandbox, and buckets full of colorful balls in the yard for the kids to play with. It was a really special day, and fun to see Lulu blow out the two candles on her cupcake.

After Lulu's party, Daisy very much enjoyed herself at Auntie Sam's house, ate lots of grapes and cheese, had Nana read _Ten Apples Up on Top_ to her, and liked running in circles through the kitchen. She also remembered Auntie Barbara and Eleanor by name.

Okay, that is weird--Daisy's zebra just started playing of its own accord. I think this house is haunted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

My first injury was to my lip as well. The way my mom would tell it was that I was in my stroller and my dad took his eye off of me, and I tumbled over. Stitches and everything, apparently.

Daisy is in good company! ;-)

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home