Thursday, July 17, 2008

I know it's not a good idea to bribe your child

but tonight Daisy was refusing to eat anything for dinner except peaches and grapes and I was getting desperate. I had cooked her a lovely meal and I really wanted her to eat it. She would eat the noodles but nothing else. Finally, with the aforementioned bribery, she ate a piece of broccoli and a piece of chicken for every verse of "There Was a Tree" (as she calls it) I sang to her. It was touching to me how much she values my singing! She had been vigorously spitting out broccoli and chicken and saying, "No no no no no." Then she asked for "There Was a Tree" and I told her I'd sing one verse if she tried the chicken and broccoli. She did. Then I told her I'd sing another verse if she ate a little more. She did. She was perfectly happy and she ate her dinner. She LOVES that song and she has the whole thing memorized, every last thing that was on the bloody tree, and it goes on and on and on.

I guess if I keep going like this, I am going to have no vocal cords left :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a few minutes ago I was just thinking that I needed to learn more songs. Kookaburra, specifically. Now I think think I _really_have got to expand the repertoire...

Adrienne :)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home