Sunday, July 06, 2008

"She was fired! And she went away."

Oh my gosh... I think I actually did this. Check it out! I have a new video camera and this is my first little attempt. It's Daisy reading one of her Amelia Bedelia books. "Oh, my cream stuffs!" said Ame'ya Bede'ya. This cracks me up. Daisy loves these books, and they all have the same... exact... plot. In this particular one, Amelia's cream "stuffs" get her out of trouble for the horrible incompetence she perpetrates (pouring coffee onto cereal when Mrs. Rogers asks for "cereal with her coffee"); in the original book, it's her lemon meringue pie that saves the day. Or it's strawberry tarts... or coffee cake. In one, she's asked to do some gardening and she nails bloody raw steaks to bean plants (when asked to "stake the bean plants"). That was when I thought I might have had enough of poor Ame'ya Bede'ya.... But I am sure there is much more of her in my future. Daisy has a passion for her.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

Wow that was the sweetest thing ever!! I LOVE the little hand gestures, too!

I can her your voice in hers--certain inflections. So so cute!

12:37 PM  
Blogger lumenatrix said...

That is so very cute.

I LOVED Amelia Bedilia books when I was a kid too. I'm so glad to hear kids still read them.

Does she have "The King that Rained?" That was my other favorite. It works on the same kind of word play that makes Amelia Bedilia work.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thanks, guys! I agree, Mita-- she sounds like me, doesn't she? And thank you so much for the book recommendation, Beth! I will definitely get it for her.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Omigosh. I MUST eat her. I have no choice. I will start with her eyelashes.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Heheheheh!! Yes! I find her totally edible. I actually do try to eat her feet, when she lets me. It really is painful, how edible small children are.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home