Friday, February 27, 2009

This is just really cool

Daisy has been making up her own stories on blank pieces of paper lately. To explain what that means: she takes a blank pad of paper and flips the pages, and as she flips them, she narrates a little story. For example, today she found a notepad in the shape of a snowman, and so she told a story about a snowman as she flipped the pages. It was soooooooooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuute. I know I'm her mother, I know I know I know, but believe me, it was the cutest. The story tends to begin "once upon a time" and features lots of words and concepts that have been in the top of her mind recently. For some reason, this story had to do with the snowman meeting Goldilocks and the three bears, and she kept calling him "the carrot-nosed snowman."

Earlier today I heard her narrating a story as she played with a box of birthday cake candles my mom gave her. She was saying (and I quote): "Her sister said she could have a box of candles. 'That's great!' she said. 'I'm delighted'! And she took a blue candle." There have been a lot of "sisters" in her stories lately--I think because two of her friends that she saw recently, Elise and Lulu, are now big sisters.

I really don't want Daisy to be an English major--I truly hope she does something different with her life from what Mom and Pop did--but I must admit that she is already acting like one. EVERYTHING is a story and a narration lately, and it is the funniest thing to hear her narrating her own actions in the third person ("she did this, she did that, 'blah blah blah,' she said"...). She is the funniest and sweetest little person in the whole world. And that's final! :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sari --

This will be Try Number Three. I can't seem to get these messages to you.

J. also died when he was alone, a window of about twenty seconds, when one person was racing out of the room and another racing in. I seriously fretted over it for years.

Please please do come for H's birthday. We will all be so happy to see you and the amazing Dais!! And maybe Mark too? We hope so.

I'm so glad you liked Vagabond. I don't think I could watch it twice in a row! That's why you're my favorite movie-watching companion! I Google-imaged the actress (and I like to say her name --SANDRINE BONNAIRE, SANDRINE BONNAIRE!!! Sp?). She looks like a happy woman with a flip! This movie made her a star. I believe she was 18. Amazing. I'll tell you about Agnes Varda, the director, and Jim Morrison -- such a story! Tell me if I've already told you.

I'm crossing my fingers this message gets through!!!

All our love, Baua and the FB gang

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home