Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ahhhhh

So, my life is still hellish because I don't have enough time to get work done (my mother came down with bronchitis and was unable to come and help us with Daisy during the most busy work week of the entire semester), but Daisy has turned back into the cutest child in the world, so at least the Day from Hell (Monday) has so far been an anomaly... although now that I've put this in writing, I am *definitely* opening myself up to another Day from Hell.

Today I put it out there that Daisy calls Vivaldi's music "Pinocchio music" for some reason I can't fathom... I don't know how she's ever heard the name "Pinocchio" and I don't know why she associates it with Vivaldi. Gommy, do you know? She also told me, "This music is classic." I love it!

She has been adorably angelic so far today. She lies under her kiddie slide and pretends it's a space ship, and that she's an astronaut going to see pirates on the moon. Also, today at the Rochambeau playground she was pretending to be on a merry-go-round, talking to herself about it, and she turned to me and said, "Is this a story about Daisy and her mama at the merry-go-round?" I just love that she makes up little stories and narrates them to herself.

On the bus ride home, she made all the strangers, and the bus driver, smile and laugh with the funny things she said. Some days, I love being the mother of a two-year-old!
PS
Oh yes, this is also sweet: Mark told her he's taking her to a party with his "work friends" tonight, and she gravely inquired, "Will Ace and Gene be there?" (Members of KISS.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home