Sunday, May 03, 2009

Finally, our team scores a point!

This may not seem like a big deal, but I'm here to say IT IS. Ahem.

Daisy has been giving us a MIGHTY struggle these last months over wearing sweaters and coats. We have tried letting her go outside without them, thinking that when she got cold she'd cave, but it seemed like she would just endure the cold--and then she figured out a clever strategy, which was to whine, "Hold me!" when she got cold. Anyway-- it seemed like she was scoring all the points in this ongoing struggle, until today. We let her go on a coatless walk with us in the chilly fog, and on our way back, she said "I'm cold" and that she wanted her coat!!! This seems like a major victory to me, and hopefully it will be repeated. I put her warm winter parka on her, which happens to be white, and she said, "I'm in a ghost costume," seeming very excited about that. So hopefully I can make something fun and Halloweenish out of the wearing of the coat. (Daisy is a huge fan of Halloween and a huge fan of ghosts.) At other times, I've been able to convince her to wear a fleece vest by having it be her "sheep costume."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home