Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

Mark has taught Daisy to identify all sorts of hard rock songs and bands. Today in the car, we were listening to "Eye of the Tiger"--which Daisy could identify after the opening few bars. Daisy asked me what the song was about, and I gave some stuttering explanation about learning to be strong in the face of challenges and finding one's inner tiger. After I explained about finding the tough, strong tiger inside oneself, Daisy said, "But I don't have a tiger costume! I have a fairy costume." So I told her it was just as good to find one's inner fairy. (I guess I could also have explained that you don't need a tiger costume in order to embrace your inner tiger.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With halloween coming up, I am sure you can find a tiger costume. I can just imagine how cute (and tough!) she would look as a tiger...--Melissa

9:01 PM  
Blogger Mita said...

"Eye of the fairy" just doesn't cut it for me.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some fairies could really do you in if you crossed them.

GGOSS

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home