Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Oh my God

I am dying of laughter... I just heard my mother say, "Did you know Esau was a hairy man?" Yes: my staunch, dogmatic non-believer of a mother is being forced to read aloud from a children's Bible to Daisy. It is Daisy's new favorite book. She found it in Eli's room when we were at a cookie-decorating party yesterday at our friend Robyn's house. She instantly locked right onto it and didn't want to hear any other books. Behind my back, she went to Robyn and asked if she could borrow the book! Robyn said yes, Daisy brought the book home, and the rest is history. She has been anxiously asking my mother, "Is God nice?" because there are some, well, details in the Old Testament that make him seem a mite scary. My mother is sooooo the wrong person to be handling this complicated metaphysical inquiry of a 3-year-old, but I have to leave for class in a few minutes and I have about four papers due tomorrow.

Hahahahaha. You should see my mother's face right now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I should be there.

Dad

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Come on down here and help, Dad!
:-)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I am remembering how seriously interested I was in religion as a child. Those stories are powerful stuff: archetypes are fun for the whole family. Tasty Jungian goodness, let 'er rip!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home