Monday, October 25, 2010

Daisy's quotes of the morning

1. This was in response to my telling her that I am visiting an all-girls kindegarten this morning as one potential school for her.

Daisy (nonjudgmentally): Does that mean no one will be pretending to shoot each other with guns?

She then proudly told her preschool teacher, when I was dropping her off, that she would be attending this (elite, hard-to-get-into, seemingly out of our reach) school next year. Sigh.

2. Daisy asked me what electricity was. Following my rather jumbled answer, she said: "Mama, I don't think I need 'lectricity. I need bones."

3. As we were approaching the school we were passed by a very cute little boy who is also in Daisy's room and his mother. Daisy told me, "[This boy] is my friend and also Gigi's." She then added in a loud stage whisper, as though this were top-secret information, "DO YOU KNOW WHY GIGI LIKES HIM SO MUCH? BECAUSE HE IS VERY SILLY."

3 Comments:

Blogger specules said...

LOL!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff

--Gompy

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in the fifth grade I liked a boy named Jimmy Snyder because he used to fall out of his chair. M.B.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home