Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goblin Jamboree

Never was there a day to be so disappointed at not having a camera! What made it worse was that I did bring my camera, only to discover it was out of batteries. GRRRR. So my verbal report will have to suffice. Took Daisy and Henry to the Discovery Museum for the Halloween Goblin Jamboree and it was the most fun day ever. The preliminary count is:

--4 train rides
--1 pony ride
--1 round at the petting zoo
--2 trips to witch school, three magic potions concocted
--3 visits to the jumpy house
--1 pumpkin ride
--facepainting, games, prizes, popcorn, one attempt at the Haunted House (but Daisy was too afraid to go in), brief sightings of cousins James, Anya, and Kiki... and I am sure I am forgetting something. We were there for four and a half hours and I am quite sure these kids could have closed down the place if I hadn't had to go.

The only bummer is that I seem to be sicker than ever this evening. It has been two weeks. Some days I think I am getting better, and then I have another night where I can't breathe and my throat swells shut. At the moment I am almost laryngitic, and the pain is awful in my throat and sinuses. Last night I got a terrible stomachache in the middle of the night which I think had to be caused by drinking too much cough medicine with codeine. I drank a glass of milk, and the pain went away, although not immediately.

It was worth it, though. Such a delightful day, and such sweet little friends! I really wish I had pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great for Daisy.

Gompy

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home