Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Written awhile ago

Today I was having a lovely interaction with Daisy; she was propped up in my lap and I was creeping-and-crawling my fingers up her chest and booping her nose, and she was smiling and gurgling approvingly at me. I was making some kind of nonsense sounds when I crept-and-crawled my fingers, like, “Iddle diddle diddle.”

Mom came over, saw what I was doing, and immediately said, “I think she likes it better when you say oodle boodle boodle.” After her second insistence upon this, I threatened to blog her and she backed off. As you can see, I blogged her anyway. A blog is a powerful weapon.

For the record, I tried “oodle boodle boodle,” and I see no discernible difference.

2 Comments:

Blogger lumenatrix said...

We play that game inmy family, only we say "creep mousey, creep mousey, all the way up to your chin!" Only the last part sounds more like "allthewayuptoyourchin!"

11:18 PM  
Blogger Mita said...

When I think about it, it's kind of surprising that language isn't composed strictly of words that have suffixes like "iddle" or "oodle" or "oogey" or "itsy."

Maybe the Tower of Babel is responsible?

And does that mean that Snoop Dogg is truly enlightened? Fo shizzle.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home