Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Night from hell

I posted a few days ago about the 30-second temper tantrum; well, now I've had the 12-hour, all-night torture session and I must be on my way to developing that thicker skin I was talking about. Daisy is sick and has a terrible cough at night, so hopefully this is a passing thing-- otherwise, we're all in some deep trouble. I got her to sleep, but she woke up screaming and crying when I placed her in the crib. I got her back to sleep, but then the crying started again when she went in the crib. We let her cry for intervals in between, but more than 20 minutes of it seems too much when she is sick. This went on and on pretty much all night. I don't know--it's all kind of a blur. She had been sleeping 11 or 12 straight hours before this. One should always be humble and never assume it's all figured out. Must remember that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Daisy gets to feeling better soon.

Here is the latest Leibnitz news. Leibnitz believed that this is the best of all possible worlds but not a perfect world. It was the best world God could make, given the fact that the only perfect world is the world of Platonic Forms. This imitation material world has to be somewhat flawed.

It's kind of the reverse of the intelligent design claim, which is that the world is well designed, so a designer God must exist. Leibnitz argrues that because God exists, the world must be intelligently designed.

There is nothing so silly that someone won't believe it.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Sarah,

I'm Mita's friend, Tiffany, and I've been meaning to post a comment on your blog for a while. Thanks for the comment you left on Vivian's site. It was good to finally "meet" you since I've heard a lot about you and Daisy from Mita. Daisy is adorable, by the way! (Less so when she's screaming over a biscuit, I guess, but from my perspective she's cute as a button.)

I will keep checking in on your blog because it gives me a little insight into what's to come with Vivian. Temper tantrums--great! Hang in there...

Tiffany

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey--please follow up with another post and let us know how you're doing.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home