Sunday, June 03, 2007

I should post something

At ten months, Daisy had what I would call her first temper tantrum today. It was over a teething biscuit I'm not sure I should have given her. She adored it. She clutched it in her hands and teethed avidly on it. When it had mostly melted away, I thought it was best I take it away--it was getting too small and might be a choking hazard. Daisy had a fit like I've never seen her have before. She turned red and shook (okay, I've seen that before), and she cried loudly with tears rolling down her face! We were horrified. "We are never giving her another one of those," Mark said grimly. Both of us were traumatized.

Later, we discussed the event. I asked Mark how long the tantrum had lasted. "Thirty seconds?" he guessed. I don't think it was even quite that long.

I have a feeling we're going to have to grow thicker skins sometime between now and Daisy's terrible twos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home