Monday, June 25, 2007

First haircut

Daisy got a haircut today and wept bitterly. It was sad. But they gave me the snipped-off hair to save in an envelope, and they took her picture for their wall. They got a shot of her post-crying, at least, not mid-crying. I liked the big thick swath of hair down the middle of her forehead, but so far I also like the haircut. We agreed she looks like Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby. (Well--except for not having the blond hair and blue eyes.)

We let Daisy cry herself back to sleep tonight. It was awful, awful, awful. I had gotten her to sleep at 7:30, but she was awake and screaming at 8:10. I felt at the end of my resources. What always happens is that one of us goes in, rocks her, and tries to put her down; she screams; we rock her again for a long time, try to put her down, and she screams; and the whole process goes on and on, sometimes for two hours or more. It is not good for any of us, this cycle. So we let her cry this time, despite the agonizing heartbreak. She cried for 40 minutes. Then, everything was quiet. I hope she is okay in there. My poor sweetie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

I told my mom about this and got a story I hadn't heard before. Evidently I was still refusing to stay in bed when I was two--I would get up and SCREAM. So finally she said, "You want to stay up? Fine, you can stay up. But you can't have any TV, because you should be sleeping now. No books. No food. But you may stay up." I said, "Okay." And settled myself in on the couch while my mom read a book. And I just sat for like an HOUR (my mom inserts the comment, "Talk about pigheaded!"). And then I started to nod off. Every time I did, she would wake me up and say, "No, no! Remember, you want to stay up all night!" And I would say, "Okay," and last another five or ten minutes. And THAT went on for about another hour, until finally I was begging to go to bed. And the next night when it was time to go to bed, I said, "Okay." And stayed there.

Not that I'm recommending this. Just thanking you, because I thought I had heard all the stories.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home