Monday, July 30, 2007

Too Much Water

I always knew that when Daisy got old enough to toddle along holding my hand, I would have to purchase a special pair of gloves. As the time is getting close (well, close-ish; you wouldn't believe how slow Daisy is on the gross motor skills), I need to start thinking seriously about what kind of gloves to get. The reason? I have horribly sweaty hands and I don't want to confront the pain of my child being repulsed by her own mother holding her hand. As a manicurist once said to me, clearly and visibly disgusted by my hands, "Too much water... too much water. You see doctor."

3 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

I like the idea of you making gloves "your thing." Like Audrey Hepburn. Or Michael Jackson. Okay, maybe NOT like Michael Jackson. Though you should have one pair of sparkley gloves for special occasions. :-)

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't Diane Keaton wear gloves at all her special appearances? Maybe that is why! Go all Annie Hallish...:-)--Melissa

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, she won't know that Mommy's sweaty hands are anything to be repulsed by. Unless *you* make a big deal out of it.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home