Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Daisy's birthday, and friends

Today Mark, Daisy and I hosted the baby playgroup that has been meeting on Tuesdays on and off for the last few months (but more regularly as of late). At the playgroup, our friends surprised us with an impromptu birthday party for Daisy! (Well, I guess it wasn't impromptu for them, since it was clear a lot of caring preparation had gone into it.) They brought champagne, chips and salsa, vichysoisse (spelling??), cake, ice cream, and presents. It was all very delicious, and it's hard to express how moving the surprise was--just such an outpouring of celebratoriness for the Daze's milestone. I had a wonderful, wonderful day. And there were 9 babies in our apartment! Nine babies and eleven adults, if my math is correct. Pictures really need to be posted, but I don't think I have one that captures all nine babies. Pictures have been attempted with five babies sitting in a row, but the thought of trying to get all nine to sit together long enough for a picture was just too daunting.

Thank you for today. I'll never forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home