Thursday, June 28, 2007

I have been exercising



Thanks to friends who have been motivating me, I have been getting some exercise! We have been walking all the way up Divisadero from the Marina toward Pacific Heights--a series of big, big hills--pushing our strollers; walking to Broadway and Lyon, where the Lyon Street steps begin; and going up and down the Lyon Street steps (and whatever the INCREDIBLY steep steps are called that go down from THERE), wearing the babies in carriers. And mine is over 17 pounds. I just had to post these pictures (taken by Ann, thank you thank you) of the view from the steps and of our two daughters...enjoying some refreshing water after their exhausting trek up and down the steps.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture of the two little climbers! Absolutely charming!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

That little orange hat is precious.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Lee and Davo said...

Carrying a baby up those streets? I am in awe and bow to your superior lung capacity. My first night in SF, my husband made me hoof it over Nob Hill and back. The next morning, faced with more sheer verticals, I learned a new skill: "TAXI!!!" It also made me realize why there are no overweight people in San Francisco. . .

Lee

10:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thank you! I love the little orange hat, too. Earflaps? Yes, please!

Yes, I agree about SF. I have felt sorry for myself many times on those hills. But I think I'd actually rather be walking on them than driving on them and forced to come to a stop at the very top. I don't know how people with stick shifts survive. Living here amongst the very fit does do strange things to one's body image. I feel so lumplike and unattractive most of the time (not fishing for a compliment, as much as it might seem so!)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Haddayr said...

This picture is so cute I could scream.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home