Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Daisy and the Melvins

Daisy is really into the Melvins, a loud, abrasive, sludge metal band. She calls it "spooky music." She asks me to put on their Stoner Witch CD every day and dances around the living room. I am definitely learning to appreciate them, but they're a little hard to listen to first thing in the morning. This girl's musical tastes are certainly getting eclectic! She still loves classical music and her new love is the Monkees. She immediately forms favorite songs and less favorite ones, and she likes to narrate what's happening in the song by saying things like, "Now it's getting slow. Now they're getting excited! The music is swelling!" It is so funny. Last night when we were putting her into bed, she said, apropos of nothing, "You won't find my name in your book of who's who." That's a line from "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone." Daisy often does this now--quote something, randomly, and sometimes you just have the strong sense that you've heard that line before but you can't quite think of WHERE... it was Mark who pointed out what she just said. We find ourselves constantly saying, "Did you hear what she just said??"

This is a pretty fun age... other than the "NO!" and the throwing and the demands that come up from time time :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's me again. R. told me you're coming on Friday so I thought it would be nice to make you and the gang a nice dinner, not a turkey dinner, which I assume you'll have had enough of by then. Do you like this idea? Let me know what kinds of food you love -- give me a nice long list and I'll come up with a yummy feast.

Can't wait to see you.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Melvins! That's awesome. I hope Holden will have such cool taste in music.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sari --

Thanksgiving it is! I love making Thanks dinner and I will love it if you make some dishes too. Here's the fly in the ointment: my oven doesn't work so maybe your mother could bring the turkey, all cooked and ready to eat. And we'll eat it as soon as you get here. Does that sound good to you?

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home