Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am regressing

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my mom bought me--I mean Daisy--a fairy dollhouse for Christmas and I really, really like it. A lot. I still remember my childhood dollhouse with huge levels of nostalgia and fondness. For some reason that still drives me crazy, my parents gave it away. So now that I have a fairy house, I couldn't help myself. I had to get furniture for it--pictured below. As you will see, the fairies have mushroom lamps (and mushroom tables and chairs), a fireplace, a wood-burning stove, leaf couches and chairs, and a little coffee table made out of a tree stump. Their house is very, VERY cozy. During the day I let Daisy do whatever she likes with it--she's been shoving huge plastic carrots in through the doors and "fixing" the windows with a knife--but after she goes to bed, that house is mine, all mine. I am arranging it the way I see fit every night, so at least I have it my way a good portion of the time. Ha.

Fairy house

Bedroom

Kitchen

Living room

Hammock

Fairy river and bridge

Maypole/merry-go-round

5 Comments:

Blogger specules said...

I'm not going to start on what this could mean about your psyche...
;-)

Are you sure you haven't missed your calling as an interior decorator, though?

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool!!! Enjoy! :)

Adrienne

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg - i want to come over and arrange furniture too. that thing is soooo cute.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Oh yes, please come over and play with it!! You can help me convince Daisy to stop cooking mini-bottles of ketchup in the oven! (Just kidding--she can do whatever she wants with it, I guess, since it's HER dollhouse, grrr :-)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I always wanted a dollhouse as a childhood, like the giant one a friend of mine had. I never got one. I'm sure I would enjoy playing with one right now.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home