Friday, January 23, 2009

Well, that's interesting

We've been having some trouble getting Daisy to eat lately, but yesterday, Chinese vegetable chow mein and veggie rice were a BIG hit with her. I reheated leftovers today, thinking she'd scorn them (as she usually does with leftovers), but she was delighted to see them and yelled, "I love rice and noodles!" with great enthusiasm. Then, as she was eating, she commented, "This is my favorite food."

Soooo... I need to make a note of that. It seems she likes Asian food best right now. She also likes Japanese food. She eats tofu and seaweed in a big bowl of miso soup. This child is such a mystery to me, because you know what she hates right now? Of all things, CHEESE.

There are very few foods that I can _always_ count on to be a big hit, but let's see if I can come up with a few:

olives
fruit--especially apples; applesauce
beans (usually)
tofu
scrambled eggs (usually)
toast (usually)
bagels (usually)
raisins (I know--dentists say they're bad)
ravioli (sometimes)

She used to like Cheerios in milk but hasn't wanted them in awhile; she will sometimes eat oatmeal; and today she ate granola happily.

There are other foods she likes on and off. The other day she wanted a turkey sandwich, but I can't always count on that one. She stopped eating string cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, and quesadillas awhile ago.

EDIT
She also eats roasted asparagus spears!! She ate a ton of them tonight. It was a very good eating night, and I am feeling encouraged.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home