Thursday, January 15, 2009

Talking to strangers

I really need to do a great, thorough post on all the funny things Daisy is saying, but I only have time for a short one now. Daisy is hilarious--it needs to be said. And lately, she is bolder and bolder, walking away from me without looking back, and going right up to strangers and telling them things such as, "I just baked a blueberry pie" and "Henry and I fell down" and "When I'm bigger, I'm going to go ice skating." It must be nice to be a 2-year-old; she just plunges in, as if these comments need no preface at all. Luckily, most people are polite to her, because she has such big brown eyes.

Today she wanted to play with a car that a little boy had brought with him to the playground and wasn't using. So Dena told Daisy, "Go over and ask the grownup who's with him if you can use it." Being totally literal-minded, Daisy marched up to the little boy's babysitter and said, "Grownup, can I play with that car?" (The grownup was very nice and said yes.) If your eyes are big enough and brown enough, you can address strangers as "grownup" and demand random things from them, and they will be nice to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

The other night I opened my front door and was accosted--and by "accosted" I mean violently, suddenly, and manically hugged around the knees--by a beautiful little tot I had never even seen before (turns out it was the next-door neighbor's daughter, but I was QUITE surprised at first). You are correct: the truly cute can do anything they like.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Yes. Yes, they can.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home