Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Potty training update--still day one

Daisy has been going to her potty all day long, happily enough, and sitting on it for fairly long periods of time, but nothing has come out. She has also not gone in her underpants... so, in other words, nothing has come out for hours and hours. I wasn't expecting this. I was prepared for accidents, and I also thought somehow that if she sat on the potty long enough and frequently enough, something would come out. Apparently, something else is going on. I hope she goes before bedtime.

*************
Hahahaha-- about five minutes after I wrote that, she peed on the rug. Oh well. We're working on this!
***********
...and now we've seen some real action. I could see she needed to poop, so I rushed her to the potty, and she released a little. So I was ready to call the day a partial success; something ended up in the potty. But she wasn't finished, and then she went in her panties five minutes later... a big, big mess. I know it's only day one, but I am feeling discouraged. She really does not seem to WANT to go in her potty. I am pretty sure she was actively resisting, not letting herself release all the way. I guess old habits are hard to break. I need to be patient.
********
Well, she peed (a little) in the potty before the night was through. So, in the final analysis, a little pee and a little poo got in the potty, and a lot of pee and a lot of poo got on the floor. But as Mark reminds me, she started the day by crying copiously while refusing to sit on the potty with her panties down at all. If you remember that, the day seems like something of a success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home