Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Eve

I have to say I really surprised myself last night--I never, never thought I'd make it till midnight and I was a TERRIBLE mommy who let her daughter stay up till 12:30. This kid is usually in bed by 8:30 at the latest, so I couldn't believe her eyes were still open and she was actually in a good mood until the very end. My upstairs neighbor and friend, Robyn, had a very fun little gathering at her place, and I was figuring we'd probably poop out at 9:30 or 10, come back downstairs, and put Daisy to bed (it was the perfect New Year event for us, because we have a young child and didn't want to take her out somewhere and have to drive home late). But somehow... we just kept going and going and going. Other kids went to sleep on their parents' laps, or were brought away before the bitter end, but Daisy was the last toddler standing. Or, slumping. But hey, it was a one-time thing and she seems fine today. And she slept in this morning until--wait for it, wait for it--the glorious hour of 8:10 AM!!! Yes, that is right: the latest she has ever slept in her life. (I think she slept till 8-ish ONCE before, but she's never gotten any later.)

She is taking a nice nap now. It was pretty funny; lately she's been procrastinating nap-time, demanding one more book and one more book, fussing when we put her down, and not going to sleep unless I come back in and rock her. Today she went into her crib without one murmur of protest and went right to sleep. Ha! I guess the lesson must be: keep your toddler up past midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home