Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Skinny paddles

Daisy's favorite toys at the moment are chopsticks. She uses them to "play chess" (don't ask) and to gently rat-a-tat at drums or drumlike objects. She also uses them to row pretend boats and likes just to hold on to them, as objects of attachment. She calls them her "skinny paddles." It has become so normal around here that I might easily forget and refer to chopsticks as "skinny paddles" in public, expecting others to know what I am talking about. But since some part of my brain remembers that this is actually kind of weird, I thought I'd record it.

Now, a "skinny paddle" isn't just any chopstick, mind you. When you tear chopsticks apart, chances are good that one came out skinnier than the other--right? Well, that is the one that Daisy wants. She does NOT want the fat paddle. NO, thank you. And a chopstick has to be quite skinny for her to deem it acceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home