Thursday, March 12, 2009

I know I won't be this lucky every time

Tonight Daisy got over-tired and started acting cranky about going to bed. She was saying, "No, no, no," and insisted on going into the living room to play with her fairy house. I was too tired to argue with her, so I decided not to insist and just went into her room to wait for her. Five minutes later I heard her say to her fairies, "It's time to go to bed now." And she came trotting into the room, saying, "I'm ready now!"

Again, I know for a fact that I won't be this lucky every time. But this has happened a FEW times, at least, to us. Another example was a phase in which Daisy didn't ever want to wear sweaters or jackets (she still hates wearing most forms of clothing and insists on taking off the sweater the second she gets inside). On a few occasions she was revving herself up for a major-league fit, it seemed, when I wanted to put on her jacket--but if I just backed off and sat there watching, she'd say after a few minutes, "Okay, I'm ready now." I only wish this were some kind of long-term thing I could count on.

Irrelevantly, today Daisy invented a game called "worm chess."

And one last Daisy anecdote. Daisy has been talking a lot about people's skin: Do you have skin? Do I have skin? What is skin? Where is my skin? Etc etc etc. So a few days ago, I mentioned, "Your skin is a lot like your daddy's; Daddy has olive skin." Daisy looked at me doubtfully and said, "Does Daddy have all of his skin?"

Ha, ha, ha, olive, "all of"! Funny funny funny.

Bye now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sari --

That sounds great! Let's plan for H's birthday weekend. Can't wait!

Love, Baua

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how does "worm chess" go?
M.B. (curious Gommy)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Well, Gommy, I'm not exactly sure. The "worms" are the long skinny pieces of the Colorforms you gave her. Usually, she tears them off and pretends to eat them. But yesterday, she wanted to smack them against the Colorform boards. This, she informed me, was "worm chess." In general, any form of "chess" Daisy plays involves getting a puzzle, or board of some kind, and smacking it with another object--a chopstick, a wooden thing for stirring coffee, a stick from outdoors, and now... a worm.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

PS
She asked about you today, Gommy! "Where is Gommy?"

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home