Monday, October 26, 2009

Vaccine

After our parent-teacher conference, we took Daisy to Kaiser and got her the H1N1 vaccine. We waited in line for an hour and a half. It's kind of unbelievable that kids wait that long, and Daisy was good about it. Still, it was a rather hellish scene--tons of people lined up down one hallway, then around a corner and down another, then around another corner and down another, and everyone's got a restless, sometimes actively unhappy kid. Then there were the kids filing out from the laboratory, crying and wailing after having gotten the shot.

It was the first day that the injection was available. I guess the nasal spray version has been available for a few weeks, but I didn't want to do that one because it's a live virus and Daisy's pediatrician couldn't recommend it to me. She told me she was "on the fence" about it, and that just wasn't enough confidence for me to go ahead and get it. But I am very happy to have gotten Daisy the dead virus vaccine (the injection) on the very first day of its availability. She has to get another shot in a month. She did not cry or show any distress getting the shot. My little stoic!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu visiting your blog

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home