Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Setbacks

Weeellll, I am sorry to have to report this after the triumph of the last post, but we've had a night of strange setbacks. I say "strange," because honestly, I just don't get it: Daisy peed in her pajamas twice, and both times she was awake. The first time, she called me just moments after I'd left her bedroom, saying, "Mommy, is it okay if I pee in my bed?" I came and helped her to the potty, only to realize that the peeing had already happened. Okaaaaay. We changed her, changed the sheet, and told her to let us know if she had to pee again. About twenty minutes later, she called from her bedroom, this time saying she was wet and wanted a "towel." Again, both times she was awake, albeit VERY tired and somewhat disoriented. She said she wanted to be back in her pullup, so she is. But I haven't entirely given up yet.

My main theory is that she was just so tired and out of it tonight that it isn't really exemplary of her general readiness for this. She went to bed late last night and woke up early this morning, napped for just five minutes (in the car), and had her seasonal flu vaccine. She was acting quite batty and out of her head earlier in the evening, saying things that didn't make any sense. We could tell she was utterly exhausted. So, I think we try again tomorrow if she is feeling well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home