Thursday, October 08, 2009

Daisy's poor tooth

Daisy has been obsessed with her broken tooth lately, and then Mark noticed it seemed to be changing color. Well, I noticed too, but I thought we just need to do a better job brushing it. Mark thought it might be the "turning gray" process the dentist told us about when she first had her accident... in other words, the tooth might be dying. I am taking her for a dentist appointment in a few minutes and I am pretty worried. This poor kid might end up with no front tooth at all for the next few years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Haddayr said...

Oh, poor little Daisy! I hope they put in a nice cute little spacer.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thank you, Haddayr! I will have to ask about spacers. It seemed like the dentist was telling me that if they pull it, there's nothing they can do-- it will just leave a blank. But why can't they put in some sort of fake tooth? Maybe because it would look weird next to the real one? (It's one of her two front teeth.) I have to admit that my motherly vanity is really suffering from seeing the tooth all discolored... and it's bad enough that it's broken. I guess when she turns 3.5, though, the dentist is willing to talk about putting a crown on the tooth. That would make it whole again, but apparently doesn't do much for the discoloration.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home