Saturday, December 19, 2009

A couple Daisy lines

1. Last night Daisy had her first accident since we stopped putting her in pullups at night. Although she wet the bed a little, the impressive thing is that she had stopped the pee from coming out and after waking up, finished the rest of it in the potty. While I was changing her sheet I heard her call out from the potty, "Excuse me, Mom! There is a problem." When I went in the bathroom she told me, "I am beginning to feel that I am hungry." Aside from the fact that she was asking to eat at 4 AM, I was extremely impressed by her sentence structure!

2. Just now I was telling Daisy how much I love her and she stated, "You would not want to give me up and get another child." I assured her I would not. I wonder where she even got that idea?

Oh, and just a random addition: Daisy is now using the expression "No way" on a regular basis.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Daisy didn't get the idea of the replacement child from me, although when you were little I did tell you several times I knew how to get new kids if I needed them. "There are plenty more where you came from," I would say.

Gompy

3:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Is that a Bill Cosby line? I remember we always used to laugh about "I brought you into this world--I can take you out of it!"

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that was a Cosby joke originally.

Dad

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Mia said...

Too funny that Daisy is saying "no way." My dad thought it would be hilarious to teach Z to say "no way jose" but all that caught on was the "no way" part - and HOW. He says it CONSTANTLY. Very cute the first or second time. Not so cute anymore. (I'm sure it's much cuter when Daisy does it.) I'll have to send you a video of Z "no waying" over and over again.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home