Saturday, December 12, 2009

Only my child...

...would announce that she needs to finish reading her Bible before decorating Christmas tree cakes with me.

She is reading the story of David and Goliath--her other favorite, after Samson. I just heard her say, "King Saul chased him, but he never caught him!" Okay, now she's going off the text, because I hear her making someone say, "Help, I'm melting!" (That might be a bit more Wizard of Oz than Biblical.) Okay, now she's back to the harp. This is clearly becoming a vast intertext.

We made Christmas tree cakes tonight and they look SO FUNNY, because neither Mommy nor Daisy is very crafty. Our frosting came out too watery. I might take a picture of them, if I'm not too embarrassed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading this blog makes me feel that my beloved granddaughter is in VERY good hands. M.B.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awful pun of the day -- What do they say in India when they have a shortage of butter? "Long time no ghee!" Are you wincing?

What's MFT? Sorry, I've been out of commission for a few weeks but I'm back and I want to get from you an HONEST and SELFISH request for my long-overdue Chanukah present to you. Got it? - as Han frequently says.

Love Baualua Pilwau

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas tree cakes!!!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home