Friday, December 11, 2009

More Daisy (because I feel like it)

Daisy is also excited about Chanukah, I should have mentioned in my last updates post. This lucky girl gets to celebrate both Christmas and Chanukah. My mom just got her a menorah, and we have Chanukah lights up in our house as well as a tree. We have Chanukah books and a Chanukah CD as well.

And now for some Daisy favorites, which I know I'll want to remember later.

Daisy's favorite color is red.
Daisy's favorite shape is a circle. She feels VERY strongly about these two things.
Daisy's favorite number is ten.
Daisy's favorite thing in the world is a chopstick, but it has to be a SKINNY chopstick--meaning not chunky at one end.
Daisy's favorite Christmas song is "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer."
Daisy's favorite holiday is Halloween.
Daisy's favorite genre of food is Asian food, though another favorite food is macaroni.
Daisy's favorite clothes to wear are a tank top and TIGHT pants-- not "wiggly." Daisy does not like wearing sweaters or, in general, warm clothes of any kind. She DOES like to wear legwarmers and bedroom slippers, and for some reason, she is good about a hat--either a sunhat or a winter hat.

Daisy likes to walk around carrying a chopstick or straw (some kind of long, skinny implement), a blanket or small cloth, and one of her stuffed animals. It is very peculiar. Often she becomes very attached to a straw, and if we can't find it around the house, becomes distressed and won't accept a replacement straw. Today she wanted a "skinny" chopstick, and rejected about three that I offered her because their bottoms were too thick. Luckily, I was able to find the correct one.

Oh-- because Daisy is into reading that children's Bible Robyn loaned her, I happen to know this one now: Daisy's favorite Biblical story is the story of Samson, because she is very interested in the cutting off of his hair.

I tried to think of Daisy's favorite books and music, but it is impossible to say because she loves so many different books and pieces of music. So I'll just say her favorite activities: reading, listening to music, dancing. But she also likes jumping, tickling, pretending to be different characters with funny voices, painting, Playdoh, playing games, swings, slides, stuffed animals, balloons, musical instruments, anything fairy-related, and... other things, I'm sure.

Daisy has told me she wants to be the Disco Duck next Halloween, and the Halloween after that, she wants to be a book, and I can turn the pages.

Daisy likes taking a bath, like almost all kids, I think.

Daisy does not ever want to be eleven years old. She tells us frequently that she is not going to turn eleven, ever.

Daisy still has a habit from babyhood of poking herself in her bellybutton when she is nervous or tired.

Daisy likes mummies, and she is not scared of them, even though she is scared of (you won't believe this) Fritz from The Nutcracker (because he has the chutzpah to break Clara's precious doll) and EEYORE from Winnie the Pooh. That is correct: my child actually told me a couple days ago that she thought she might be afraid of Eeyore, because he has large teeth and might bite her. I really don't think I can tolerate having a child who is afraid of Eeyore, so I talked with her good and long about Eeyore's personality and how it is simply not an option to be afraid of him, and I think we reached an agreement that he is not scary--I THINK so, anyway. But this child is scared of the strangest things, and then not scared of things like ghouls, mummies, and ghosts. Oh--and she has been completely fearless about rollercoaster rides. She will go on every ride at a kiddie amusement park and not bat an eye. But she is too afraid to attempt climbing a ladder at a playground. It is baffling.

A weird Daisy fact is that Daisy used to be afraid to spit (as in, after brushing her teeth). For some reason, she would only spit when she was in the bathtub, and protested very loudly and inconsolably when asked to do it in the sink. Then, one day, for reasons mysterious to me, she stopped being afraid and started spitting in the sink.

Daisy is fond of the Grand Duke Wilfred, a villainous character from the Dr. Seuss book about Bartholomew Cubbins and all the hats. She often asks to turn to the page where he is trying to push Bartholomew off some high building, and she'll converse with him about why he is so naughty, confiding that she, too, is not so nice sometimes. In general, this is something Daisy likes to do: prop a book open to a particular page and converse with the character on that page.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should know that last week Daisy told me she wanted to be a witch next Halloween, but without a broom or cauldron and dressed all in white (rather than black!) M.B.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Oh wow...interesting. Just tonight she told me she wanted to be Disco Duck and then a book. But sometimes she throws in a witch, or a dragon.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home