Friday, June 18, 2010

Legion of Honor

Today I asked Daisy what was her favorite part of our trip to the Legion of Honor museum yesterday. I knew what she was going to say, and of course, she said it: "The cafeteria." Not deterred, I asked, "But what was your favorite work of art?" Daisy's response: "The picture of the men trying to hurt Jesus. I loved it."

Daisy is familiar with many Bible stories because one of her faaaaaavorite books is a child's version of the Bible that our neighbor gave her. True enough, she was fascinated by the artwork involving Jesus, including nativity scenes and one--the annunciation?--that showed Mary getting informed by an angel that she was going to give birth to Jesus. There were these long lines sticking down from the sky and it looked like baby Jesus was coming sliding right down them into Mary. We all stared at it a long time.

But Daisy also remembered Rodin's sculpture of the man with the broken nose from last time and asked specifically to go look at it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Katherine said...

I like the LofH cafeteria too. Think my favorite area is always where they have the special exhibits in the basement (they tend to be good). The room in the back on the south side with the china is also beautifully laid out. Since it's china they can let more sun in, I guess...

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home