Monday, April 19, 2010

Synesthesia

I wrote an earlier post about Daisy and synesthesia; this is just an update to say that Daisy continues to tell us the colors of songs, and it is very cool. Daisy told me in the car on the way to school today about the colors of some French songs we were listening to. It's gotten more elaborate: one song had a red chorus and purple verses. Daisy told me, "Now it's red... now it's purple... now it's red," and the colors switched each time the chorus switched to a verse. Very interesting! I told Daisy that I needed help seeing the colors and she said, "That's because I have more memory."
UPDATE
In the car on the way home from preschool, Daisy instructed me to play "the yellow song." I took a guess on which one she wanted and she laughed at me--the one I chose was so OBVIOUSLY red.

Odd. Interesting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could your err in this way?

Gompy

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Daisy have synesthesia? I have now had two students with it, and one of my students wrote a lit review on the topic!

We must get together Sarah. I think lunch is too tricky for us. Let's really try to get together at your house or ours in the summer.

Fran

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home